Charlotte Commercial Roof Replacement
The roof is the most crucial part of your commercial building. It protects your business from rain, hail, wind, snow, and heat. When a roof is past its prime or has been compromised by a storm, water penetrations can damage walls, flooring, and equipment. Personal belongings, technological equipment, and the building itself could be irrevocably damaged.
As an experienced roof replacement contractor in Charlotte, the team at Vision Roofing understands that these are substantial – and crucial – commercial projects and investments. We understand that your roof project needs to be both high quality and cost-effective. That’s why we offer something that most companies don’t: a working knowledge of the insurance industry. Our owner is a former insurance adjuster and knows what insurance companies cover, what they don’t, and how to protect businesses from costly damages. That knowledge informs our free gutter and roof assessments. Should your assessment reveal a need for a replacement, we deliver gutter and roof replacement services on time and on budget.
Do You Need Commercial Roof Replacement?
Roofs typically have a life expectancy of 25 to 30 years, but storms, high winds, and the intense North Carolina sun can shorten that estimate. In too many cases, we work with commercial property owners who procrastinated too long on replacement and repair projects.
The result is often-unnoticed structural damage and the growth of hazardous molds behind walls and above ceilings. These are some telltale signs you need a business roof replacement:
- Sagging: When roofs begin to sag during sunny days, sometimes property owners attribute it to the heat. What people may not realize is that sagging usually occurs due to gaps in the roof that allow water to seep through. Sheathing and rafters may be water damaged.
- Musty Smells: When commercial property owners or renters report musty odors, that’s likely an indication of water penetrations. The roof may have suffered minor damage in a previous storm and now the slow drip of water has created a health and safety problem. Leaks behind walls and above ceilings lead to hazardous mold growths. Those musty smells are a certain red flag.
- Water Damage: If you need a bucket to collect water during a storm, that’s an obvious indication that you need a new roof. But there are subtle signs that can prevent full-blown disasters. Consider taking a flashlight and checking rafters after a heavy rainstorm. If you notice moisture, rot, or mold, these are early warning signs to promptly call a roof replacement contractor.
- Blistering: When a commercial roof has been breached, it allows moisture and air to infiltrate it. One sign that your roof isn’t holding up to the elements is the presence of small bubbles and blisters in the membrane. It’s crucial to understand that a DIY fix to a eliminate few bubbles and blisters will not remedy the problem. Trapped water and air usually travel away from the source and show signs in weakened surface areas.
- High Energy Bills: Take a moment to review your energy usage over the past few years. If you are spending more money running an HVAC unit, it may be due to roof gaps and air loss. Only by having an expert evaluate your roof’s condition can you be certain.
- Loose Material: If you notice flapping shingles during strong winds or roofing particles accumulating around gutter downspouts, it’s entirely likely the roof is in decline. Proactive replacement can head off damage and unnecessary repair costs.
Although roof damage is widely caused by storms and weather-related conditions, it’s important to keep in mind that roofs do not last forever. If you have an old roof or are unsure about its age, having an assessment conducted allows you to make informed decisions about replacement.
Do You Need Commercial Gutters Replaced?
The average gutter system handles upwards of 600 gallons of water for every one inch of rainfall. That’s a heavy load, and gutters are also impacted by debris, ice, and high winds. But when gutters no longer function at 100 percent, it’s not unusual for commercial property owners to delay a replacement. This can be expensive procrastination. When gutters begin to fail, water can backwash into soffits and behind interior walls. If your gutters show any of the following signs of decline, we suggest having them checked.
- Sagging or bowing
- Flooding or overflowing
- Leaks and cracking
- Mold or mildew
- Watermarks under gutters
Another indicator that your gutters need to be replaced is that the paint is peeling, or the color quality has diminished. Gutters add to a property’s curbside appeal and market value.
Request Your Free Roof Assessment
If your gutters or roof show any of the telltale signs of storm damage or age, a prompt evaluation can save thousands in unnecessary remediation costs. As an experienced gutter and roof replacement business, we conduct thorough due diligence and provide an accurate assessment for commercial property owners. Our insurance industry background means we have first-hand knowledge about processing and handling insurance claims. We can offer guidance based on our understanding of homeowner policy coverage.
Vision Roofing is a locally owned and operated gutter and roof replacement business, and we put our community reputation on the line one job at a time. Our expertise and experience serving property owners in the Charlotte area help business owners make cost-effective decisions about gutter and roof replacements. If you have concerns about your gutters or roof, contact Vision Roofing for a free assessment.